Department of Computer Engineering Technology, Gateway (ICT) Polytechnic Saapade was founded in 2006. It is a unique Department within the field of engineering in South-Western Nigeria and to these days it remains fast growing basic educational institution of the computer technology in the region. The department is fully accredited by NATIONAL BOAD FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION (N.B.T.E) in Nigeria.
At Department of Computer Engineering Technology students get technical education in the field of “Computer Engineering” in two qualification levels:
- National Diploma (ND)
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
The Department graduates::
National Diplomas in:
- National Diploma (ND) – Computer Engineering Technology (2 years).
(Students with National Diploma can continue their studies to obtain qualification of Higher National Diploma or Bachelor degree.)
- Higher National Diploma – Computer Engineering Technology (2 years).
(Students with Higher National Diploma can continue their studies to obtain qualification of Master Degree with post graduate study.)
A brief History of Computer Engineering Technology in this Institution as it begun, Computer Engineering Technology Department was born out of the vision-driven passion by the former State Executive Governor Otunba Gbenga Daniel to achieve an efficient Information Technology driven economy for rapid and sustainable economic development of the State with the pioneer Rector of the Polytechnic, Prof. G.B Onalaja, to produce highly competent and resourceful graduates with high sense of moral values, providing opportunities to all irrespective of race, tribe and religion through this modern programme on provision of adequate facilities for all practical oriented programme undertaken by the department as well as employing professional and qualified members of staff to handle the programme. This is done in a bid to produce qualified technicians, technologists and engineers who can compete and improve the world of computer in Nigeria and beyond.
As the journey begun in 2006 when the team of NBTE came for ND Computer Engineering Technology programme resource inspection and accreditation in which after meeting all requirements was aftermath accredited. The department was first coordinated by Engr. I.B.S Sadiku between 2006 and 2007. In 2007, Mr. Y. I Rasaq took over the headship from Engr. I.B.S Sadiku and paddles the ship of the department between 2007 and 2008 before he left the institution to further study in abroad. Much progress was recorded and accorded when Engr. D.S Kuponiyi took over the mantle of leadership from 2008 to 2010. During his leadership tenure ND re-accreditation exercise was conducted in the institution and was successful with cooperation from his envious team of staff. Time fly by, Mr Oyebola B. O took over the sit in December, 2010 and during his term HND programme was proposed and successfully accredited in 2012. He headed the department until February, 2014 when the mantle was shifted to Mr. Olaniyan Ayodele. B. who run the affairs of the department till October 2015. This marks the return of the present seasoned acting Head of the Department, Mr Oyebola B. O. who is the current acting Head of the Department from 2015 till date.
The department vision is to ensure that our students are well equipped with the latest information and technology; also, train them to be technically outstanding technicians so as to deliver and brings growth in innovative industry. The department ensures students undergo necessary practicals as required by NBTE including training on microcontroller to ensure that graduating students in the department can compete favourably among their peers in the world.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Engineering Technology (FULL TIME)
- National Diploma (ND) in Computer Engineering Technology (FULL TIME)
- National Diploma (ND) in Computer Engineering Technology (PART TIME)
- Certificate Programme in Computer Engineering Technology (FULL TIME)TIME)
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
The school as an ICT based institution in conjunction with CISCO Network Academy train all admitted students and allow them to write the CISCO exam and awarded certificate after successful completion of the programme. All prospective students are guaranteed this benefit after been admitted into the institution.
|1||Engr OYEBOLA BLESSED OLALEKAN||B. Eng(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
M. Eng(Computer Engineering)
|2||Engr AINA OLUKAYODE ALANI||B. Eng(Computer Engineering)
M. Eng(Computer Engineering)
|3||Engr OLANIYAN AYODELE BUKOLA||B. TECH(Computer Engineering)
M. TECH(Computer Science)
|4||Engr ANIH EJIOFOR MATTHEW||B. Eng(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)|
NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND)
The entry requirements into National Diploma in Computer Engineering Technology are as follows:
- Five credit levels passes at SSCE or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. The five subjects must include Mathematics, Physics and any three other Science subjects. At least a pass in English Language is required.
- A pass in an engineering trade and credit passes in Mathematics & Physics and one other subject in the National Technical Certificate. Also a pass in English Language in the NTCE is mandatory.
- Five credit passes in an NBTE recognized preliminary ND courses offered in a polytechnic or similar post secondary technical institution. The credit passes must include Mathematics, Physics and any two Science Subjects. Candidates must in addition obtain at least a pass in English Language.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND)
The general entry requirements for the HND programme include;
- All the requirement for admission in the ND programme;
- Minimum of lower credit pass in the ND examination in Computer Technology or equivalent professional qualifications as approved by the NBTE.
- A minimum of one year cognate work experience;
In exceptional cases, ND Diplomats with a pass in the ND examination that had two or more years of cognate experience in the specific field may be considered for admission into the HND programme.