Gateway (ICT) polytechnic Saapade was established by Ogun State Government in 2006. The Department of Computer Science was among the five departments that started operation at the inception of the polytechnic.
- National Diploma (ND) in Computer Science (Full Time).
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in computer Science(Full Time)
- ND Programme: Student’s enrolment has been on the increase from 25 students at inception of the department to 66 in 2014 a percentage increase of about 164.
- HND Programme: Presently there are 26 students in HND 2 and 14 students in HND1
The department has two software laboratory for ND students and 1 software Laboratory for HND students well equipped with computer system and peripheral devices to train students. Internet facilities are also available for student use.
The activities of the department are coordinated by the head of the department who is assisted by a secretary, clerk and a messenger. The department is currently headed by Mr Ogunyinka Taiwo Kolawole.
Mr Shobo Adedamola- April 2006-september 2008
- Ogunyinka Tiawo Kolawole – Principal Lecturer/ H.O.D
- Biya Emmanuel Babatunde – Assistant Lecturer
• MSC computer science – 2008. • .BSC (Hons) computer science – 2002
- Oyekunle Olufunso Olurotimi – Assistant Lecturer
- Oni Olujimi Olakunle – Technologist I
- Idowu Agida E. O – Principal Instructor II
- Onalaja Olabisi Olayinka – Senoir Instructor
• MSC Computer Science-2005 • PGD Computer Science-2002 • BSC(HONS) Physics-1988
• BSC (HONS) Computer Science-2006
• BSC Computer Science- 2012. • PGDE Education- 2013 • HND physics/Electronics- 2006
• BSC Computer Science Edu-2012 • HND Physics /Electronics-2001 • IT Essential-2004 • CCNA-2006 • NCE Technician Education-1995
• BSC Computer Science-2007
- HND Programme:
A candidate seeking for admission into ND programme must have 5 ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level subjects at two sittings. The ‘O’ level subjects which must be passed at minimum of credit level must include the following: i. English Language ii. Mathematics iii. Physics iv. Economics and one or two subject(s) respectively from any of: v. Geography vi. Chemistry vii. Biology/Agricultural Science viii. Commerce ix. Government x. Further Mathematics
A candidate seeking for admission into the HND programme must have the following. i. Possess a National Diploma Certificate in Computer Science with a minimum of lower credit and must satisfy the conditions in (1) above ii. Must have completed a compulsory 1 year post ND industrial training in the field of computer science and ICT.