The Governing Council of the Polytechnic approved the establishment of the Department of Business Administration and Management in 2006 to cater for the training of high level manpower needs of Nigeria.
Today, the Department runs National Diploma, Higher National Diploma and Certificate Programmes in Business Administration and Management with all these programmes fully accredited by National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)
The vision of the Department is to train high level manpower that can compete effectively with counterparts both nationally and internationally in terms of intellectual competence and zeal to add value to our world.
The Department of Business Administration would want to place on record and acknowledge the immense contributions of past Coordinator and Ag Heads of Department. These include
- NamesPeriod of StewardshipOffice
- Mr Solaru O.EJune 2006-Sept 2007Coordinator
- Mrs Aninkan O.OOct. 2007-Nov. 2011Ag HOD
- Mr Afolabi M.ODec. 2011-May 2013Ag HOD
- Mr Adekunle O.AJune 2013-Till DateAg HOD
Meanwhile, the department has grown from strength to strength as the number of both Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff increased considerably.
The Outstanding Performance of the diplomats of the Department in various sector of Nigeria economy and across the globe attest to qualitative training the student in the Department were exposed to while on campus.
The Department of Business Administration and Management has the primary goal of producing Business Managers, Public Administrators and Entrepreneurs who are well groomed to effectively and efficiently meet the present and the future challenges in the organization and the nation as a whole.
HOD BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Mr Adekunle O.A
- Mrs Amusa B.O
- Mrs. Essien A.E
- Mrs Aninkan Olubukola O.
- Mr Afolabi Micheal O.
- Mr Musari A.A
B.sc Business Administration(OOU) 2004 M.sc Business Administration-Specialisation in Mgt 2012 Full Member, Institute of Strategic Management, Nigeria 2010
M.sc Finance 2012 B.sc Eonomics 2000 National Diploma in Business Administration 1996
M.Sc Business Administration (Management option) 2013 Masters of Business Administration (MBA 2007 B.Sc (Hons) Business Administration 2001 Associate Members Nigeria Institute of Management (AMNIM) 2010 Member, Institute of Strategic Management, Nigeria 2010
B.Sc (Business Admin) 2002 NIM 2011 Member Institute Strategic Management, Nigeria 2010
B.Sc Business Administration 2005 Member, Institute of Strategic Management of Nigeria 2010
HND Marketing Federal Poly Ilaro 2002 PGD Marketing Lead City University Ibadan 2011 PGD ILR Olabisi Onabanjo University 2010 (NITDA, C
- 2-YEARS NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PROGRAMME
a. Five credit levels passes at SSCE or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. The five subjects must include Mathematics, English Language and any three other commercial subjects; or b. Credit passes in Mathematics & English Language and one other subject in the National Technical Certificate; plus
- 2-YEARS HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMME Students seeking admission into the department for HND must have the following: a. Minimum of Lower Credit passes in ND Business Administration or Business Studies, Marketing, or any other related courses awarded in a recognized polytechnic or similar post secondary technical institution; plus b. Letter of completion of a year post National Diploma Industrial Attachment from a relevant organization to the cognitive experience expected of the student.