The Physical Planning and Maintenance Department of the school came into full existence as it was created on 1st June, 2013. The department now has its Head of unit being appointed for a period of two years.
PHYSICAL PLANNING & MAINTENANCE STAFF:
The department has two (2) permanent staff with nineteen (18) casual workers. At present, the head of the unit has cleaners and gardeners attached to him who are casual workers. The cleaners perform as cleaners and are also assigned to various departments on campus as Office Assistants. They thus assist in dispatching memos and any other duties assigned to them. There are thirteen (12) cleaners and six (6) gardeners who see to the general cleaning of the offices and the entire environment.
WATER SUPPLY ON CAMPUS:
There are two major sources of water supply within the campus:
- Well – Water from the well is being pumped by submersible machine into the overhead tanks which is then discharged in order to supply buildings like the school Hall, KOTCO Engineering complex, Nerve building and Library.
- Borehole: the borehole is being powered by the solar energy. From this source, water disperses to administrative block, school clinic, Engineering workshop and SLT department and classroom blocks.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THE UNIT:
The Physical planning and Maintenance unit of the school is responsible for
- Coordinating and supervising the activities of both gardeners and cleaners to ensure the cleanliness of the environment;
- Allocation of spaces for prospective traders in the market area;
- Maintenance work on structures which includes rehabilitation and renovation of damaged part of the building and repairs of damaged properties of the school and public utility
- Ensuring daily supply of water to all buildings on campus;
- Landscaping of the school environment to achieve a pleasing and conducive working environment;
- Maintenance of the palm plantation.
LIST OF STAFF AND OTHER DETAILS (QUALIFICATION & DESIGNATION)
1. Tpl. Adewunmi, A. A. PGD (URP)-2008, Head of Unit/ HND (URP)- 1999, Diploma Senior Technical Officer (Data Processing &IT)-