The department was established in the year 2017. It operates under the school of Engineering and Environmental Studies (SE&ES).
The first set of students were admitted in 2017/2018 Academic Session with an enrollment of 10, and 3 academic staffs.
At present, the department runs a two-year National Diploma (ND) Programme in Building Technology with the aim of starting the degree programme very soon. The structure of the ND programme consists of four semesters of classroom, laboratory and workshop activities in the college and a semester (3-4 months) of supervised industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) each semester is of 17 weeks’ duration made up of the following
- 15 contact weeks of teaching i.e. recitation, practical exercises, quizzes, tests etc. and 2weeks for examination and registration.
- Full-time Higher National Diploma Programme (Electronics/Telecommunication Option)
- SIWES takes place at the end of the second semester of the first year.
The current Head of Department is Ms. Giwa I.E while Arc. Ariyibi O. has been the head of department from inception.
Subjects Required for Application:
SSCE / WAEC /GCE / NECO with at least 5 credits at two sittings, which must include:
English Language (not Literature in English), Mathematics, Physics, and any two of the following: Economics/Commerce, Further Mathematics, Woodwork, Religious Knowledge, Metal Work, Technical Drawing/Fine Art/Visual Arts, Biology/Agricultural Science/
General Agriculture, Chemistry, Geography, and building Construction.
NABTEB: At least 5 credits at two sittings which must include Mathematics, English Language, Physics,any other two subject from the following:
- GENERAL EDUCATION COMPONENT(One Subject from the following):Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Economics/Commerce, Fine Arts/Technical Drawing, Geography.
- TRADE COMPONENT/TRADE RELATED COMPONENT(One Subject from the following); Block & Concreting, Carpentry & Joinery, Furniture Craft Practice,
Painting & Decoration, General woodwork, Machine wood creating.